You are here
CAWIC is a not for profit organization, in its 10th year of operation, formed to enhance the success of women in the Canadian construction industry. Our Mission is to facilitate the success of women in the Canadian construction industry by uniting our voices, knowledge and resources through the passion of our members and the women we inspire
The mandate of the Administrative position for CAWIC is to provide exceptional, consistent and trusted help to the Board of Directors and the Membership by performing day to day functions such as website maintenance, basic communications, fulfilling information requests and public appearances, and being a central information hub for the Association.
- Maintain up to date records of all CAWIC information. Includes all historical documents, current reports, legal documentation and membership information.
- Provide administrative practices and skill in the coordination of Special Events, Programming, Membership drives and various CAWIC events in coordination with the various Committee Chairs and Directors.
- Write Proposals at the direction of and for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Actively maintain and coordinate the CAWIC Newsletter.
- Collect, as required, reports and information from all Committee Chairs and Directors to be redistributed and posted to the website.
- Record and maintain the minutes of all monthly Board Meetings.
- Coordinate, as required, all documentation and the production thereof for CAWIC events in coordination with the Committee Chairs for events.
- Assist the Communications Committee when necessary with Tweets and Facebook postings.
- Respond to any phone calls or email inquiries to CAWIC.
- Assist in the maintenance of the CAWIC website, its postings and page coordination.
- Actively maintain good industry relations with related associations by attending functions and coordinating meetings with representatives of CAWIC to develop and foster business alliances.
- Network, research and understand the latest in construction industry news.
- Assist the Chapters Committee in contacting interested parties and coordinate information sessions for new CAWIC chapters to be formed outside the Greater Toronto Area. Includes travelling to various locations if necessary.
- Maintain all CAWIC Merchandise records, inventory and storage.
- Attend and set up CAWIC booth at trade shows, job fairs and related industry events as determined by the association.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of the construction industry and its practices.
- Not for Profit business knowledge
- Ability to determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines.
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to questions and enquiries.
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Time and Self Management
- Team oriented
Post Secondary Education; ideally with a focus on Not for Profit organizations
Work experience in the Construction field, an asset. Experience in Administration, Office or Project Management a must.
Work outside of normal business hours (occasional evenings and weekends) will be necessary. Visits to construction sites and travel may be required. Must have own transportation.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions an individual in this contract position may be asked to perform from time to time.